Survivor IMDb LVI - Labyrinth of Curiosities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor IMDb LVI - Labyrinth of Curiosities

Prepare to be A-Mazed

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Labyrinth of Curiosities. Get to know each other

Confessional #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisbeth Salander

Lisbeth Salander

Confessional #1 Empty
PostSubject: Confessional #1   Confessional #1 EmptyThu 23 Oct - 3:39:09

Confessional Time! WHOOOO! There has been so much going on, as usual for a Survivor game, so it will be great to put it all down on paper and organize my thoughts. First of all, no way in hell am I going to stay in character to write these. Typing in monotone sentences with my broken English in favor of a Swedish accent, riddled with no capitalization, gets tiring for sure. The no capitalizing is a little touch I thought up, just because I figured Lisbeth would never care about something as slight as capitalizing words on an internet forum.

Speaking of my character though, I'm having a ton of fun. I have tried two mystery games before, the first one I basically abandoned completely and got expelled, and the second one I was able to make jury because of a technicality. But all in all I was nervous about signing up for another one. I think choosing a great character, one of my all time favorite characters and one of the most complex, makes it so much more exciting. I will admit it can be hard to apply her lack of emotion when you are trying your best to forge bonds with others, though. Otherwise it's a great time.

Pre-Game: I enjoyed playing up my character and getting into Lisbeth's mind, thinking about what she would say in this situation or that. Am I always 100% accurate? Of course not. But like I mentioned, it's hard to be 100% Lisbeth when this is a game about being social. It was in interesting choice for me in that aspect, but a lot of being seem to love her which makes me happy. So the first day we all just had some basic fun and played up our characters and introduced ourselves in the main forum. But of course, I immediately went to private chat.

The first person to private message me was Larry Harvey. I like the guy already and had wished he would be on my tribe, but at the same time I know that someone who that quickly makes contact is going to be dangerous - and that I wasn't going to be the only one he messaged. But fair enough, I'll chat with this guy and at least hopefully have some kind of ally. I also exchanged messages with Christopher and Charlie, and subtle alliances have been built with both of them. Christopher was upfront and direct and I admire that, even though I think he will be a bit villainous in this game.

I also had talked briefly with Deadpool, whom exchanged the whole "we can watch each other's backs" thing with me. I like him, he seems like a lot of fun. Amy Dunne, my fellow David Fincher beauty, I tried to talk with but she is not at all chatty or responsive. It's hard enough to be social when you don't know who these people are, but if you aren't going to make an effort then I won't bother either. Sorry, Amy, but you need to be more talkative. Lastly me and Jeremy had a brief chat that hadn't let to anything.

So yeah, I'm doing my usual thing and making my way around this cast. I gotta say, the benefit of playing a mystery game is that no one knows it's Russ! I might have a small rep of, not exactly kissing everyone's ass, but making sure all of my bases are covered with the most people as possible. I get to do that here! Hopefully I raise no red flags with my whoring. As for people I have had basically no contact: Jason, Louis, Sabrina, and Diana. They are the ones I am most concerned with at the moment. If I don't talk to you, I can only assume you are against me.

Day One: Today we had our tribes finally announced, and that was where the real fun begin. I enjoyed getting to know some people, but it was also kind of aimless cause we might not end up on the same tribe. This of course happened with Larry and Charlie, my allies who will be of no help to me now. I did get lucky and have Christopher on my tribe at least, except oops, he didn't show up tonight. So rounding out my tribe was Elsa, Jeremy, Iggy, Jack, Amy, and Deadpool.

I was satisfied, more of less. Elsa is the most active in the game, I would say, and Jeremy, Iggy, and Jack have all also been present for the most part. So yeah, I can't complain! I have some active people, but unfortunately none of them who I strongly trusted. This changed automatically when Jeremy and me formed a bond almost out of nowhere. I don't know how it happened, some favorable PMs I guess, but now I would say he is my main ally. I trust him the most for some reason. We just clicked! I also finally talked to Elsa and hope she is someone who is honest with me, cause she seems to want to stick together.

Moving on to the challenge. Well Deadpool has been inactive for the last entire day, so whoops. Christopher did not show up either, and Amy DID but didn't participate in the challenge. Well okay, fine by me if we have some scapegoats when it comes to TC time. I was a bit worried, because based on activity, it was 5 against 7. This is where Iggy and Jack really came through and rose in the ranks for me. They were present, and they worked hard! We beat the odds and we were able to win the first immunity! What an amazing start for the season, and I hope to have it continue on with nothing but wins.

But of course, I'm not naive. We likely will lose and go to tribal council at some time. So of course, I want to take preemptive measures. I proposed to Jeremy gathering the five of us who were present tonight for the challenge for a majority alliance. What do you know? Iggy proposes the same to me. How perfect. We're still settling the whole thing, but I feel like I'm in a good spot. Ideally, it would me, Jeremy, Iggy, Elsa, and Jack in an alliance, while I still stay close to Christopher. PMs have been sent, so I'll have to wait for some confirmation to see where everyone stands with me.

So, yeah! Holy long confessional, Batman. I had a lot to get off my chest, but now I can be more consistent with shorter confessionals hopefully each day. For now my main strategy is maintaining the relationships I have built within my tribe, and being active to show that I am a benefit to have in the tribe and that other people deserve to be voted out. It's gonna be one long ass game and I hope I can ride out and make it deep into the game. Tomorrow is a new day and the best thing we can do is fight for our second immunity. Let's see what happens!

Back to top Go down

Confessional #1
Page 1 of 1